TechResort has always been interested in the wider impact of our work, and how it can transform communities for the better.
We’ve gathered extensive experience and knowledge over the last 9 years, and have started to explore how it fits together in a single strategy to change towns like ours.
We’re thinking about:
- Providing digital skills to all, and ensuring no one is excluded
- Widening access to the digital industry so it’s as diverse as possible
- Helping digital businesses to grow
- Offering students good reasons to stay in Eastbourne, and businesses from elsewhere to relocate here
- Ensuring that the proceeds of growth are equally shared
- Fostering a making and repairing culture
- Working towards net zero
- Putting our town on the “digital map”
In a series of blog posts, we’ll share our thoughts. We welcome comments, and help to develop a digital strategy that our town and others can use.