Friday was a big day for TechResort. Our new seafront HQ, Kestrel House, was ready and we invited friends and volunteers from across Eastbourne to celebrate.
Over 60 people came along and it was a bit of a squeeze! You can see more photos here.
We’re delighted to see so much interest and support for our work. Ice creams arrived right on queue too.
Later in the day we gave Eastbourne’s new MP, Caroline Ansell, a guided tour. She was bowled over by our progress and pledged her support.
So what next?
There’s plenty happening at Kestrel House over the summer. Our Saturday coding and making sessions will continue, plus we’re looking at after school clubs, drop in sessions for people who need help to get online and more.
If there’s something you’d like to see let us know.
Our thanks to…
- all the people that helped us secure Kestrel House, help us move in and prepare us for launch
- our Driving Devonshire Forward partners, Eastbourne Borough, Eastbourne Homes and others for being behind us 100%
- Phil Burrowes from Avant Photographic for great images from our launch (and many past events)
- University of Brighton for the loan of a 3D printer
- Kev Jones and colleagues from Sussex Downs College for supporting our TechMatch programme
- Miles and Mitch from Dolphin Blue for helping me think about longer term aims
- our army of volunteers and all the great students who’ve attended our events so far
- our new neighbours in Devonshire for making us feel so welcome
- our partners and families for allowing us the time to do this. They’re the real unsung heroes
- many more people – it’s been massive team effort. Shout if we’ve missed you 🙂